Giving Tree Genealogy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to helping people get connected with their roots! All you have to do is start looking!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alexander Kirk born in 1785.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
up2you2

Alexander Kirk born in 1785. Empty
PostSubject: Alexander Kirk born in 1785.   Alexander Kirk born in 1785. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am

I am trying to establish a link between an Alexander Kirk born in 1785 in Cummertrees, Dumfries, Scotland, and an Alexander Kirk born in Virginia, USA.
Who in turn fathered a James Alexander Kirk in 1830 in Morgan, Kentucky, USA.

There is a 45 year gap between these first and last Alexanders, just enough time for two generations.
The hristian names of James and Alexander have been used in every generations thereafter on my family, so to have the both appearing together in my opinion increases the odds that the 1785 Alexander did in fact come to America.

Try as I may I just cannot find any mention of an Alexander Kirk arriving in America after 1785, nor bearing a son in Virginia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Alexander Kirk born in 1785.
Page 1 of 1